Thursday, December 2, 2010

Favourite Things: The Perfect Pair of Jeans


I don't buy clothes often but when I do I try to buy clothes with timeless style or something I'm going to wear for at least a year. My father, a well-dressed man, always emphasises the importance of quality and style. For instance he still wears the same pair of wingtips he bought 15 years ago. Sure it costs a bundle (and could probably employ a couple of Grade A government employees very happy) but a good pair of jeans like a good shoe should last for many years, weathering all sorts of seasonal or even cyclical fashion fads.

After months of searching I finally found the pair by Gap for their 1969 Premium Jeans collection. The jeans were moderately priced, for some, for me they blew right through my clothing budget for the year but they were worth it. I like the simplicity of the construction, the jeans are not unnecessarily faded, distressed or torn making them a truly versatile component of ones wardrobe. So there you have it. This seasons must have item - the perfect pair of jeans. Pair these with a good blazer or slim leather jacket and formal boots. A pair Converse would also be fine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Man and Boy
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com