Friday, December 3, 2010

Favourite Things: Singin' in the Rain


For the first time in year my family and I sat down to watch a movie. Conflicting schedules as well as international boundaries meant that we were never together throughout the year. Anyway there was nothing to watch on TV and anything after 9 o'clock does not pander to my father's conservative sensibilities. I finally found 'Singin' in the Rain' playing on TCM - a musical with a good ol PG rating-. The plot of the movie was straight forward, the acting and dialogue whimsical and a tad over thee top. It's true what they said they don't make them like they used to. At the end, there was a happy ending, the guy got the gal and everything was as it should have been. Here's to Gene Kelly with his ludicrous choreography and kitschy singing, he really made my day and reinstated family Movie Night.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Man and Boy
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com